Friday, May 20, 2016

DOCUMENTARY FILM REFLECTION

Now that you are almost finished with your documentary, reflect on what you have learned. Answer the following questions in a well thought out paragraph.

1. What have you learned in the documentary assignment? List three different things that you have learned and what you learned.
  This documentary taught me how to interview a person and make them feel comfortable in front of the camera. It also showed me how one would communicate with their client about the project, and how to capture a real life event or thing on camera and make it slightly cinematic.

2. What has this assignment taught you about video production?
  It taught me how to light up a person for an interview and record a variety of shots for my B-Roll. Also, how one proceeds to make a documentary.

3. Was this assignment a good final project of the year? Why or why not? What did it teach you to improve you production skills?
  I believe this was good idea for our final. Many people don't realize how difficult it can be to make a simple documentary. It requires a lot of work and concentration, things that are needed in this industry. But I also wouldn't be against having an option to choose between a documentary or a narrative.
4. What mistakes did you make on the project? How could you avoid them next time?
  A mistake I made was to get some B-Roll before I got my A-Roll. I of course got more B-Roll afterwards, but it would've been a better idea to do it the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment